Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A dream achiever's RANT

I am a human being. I am just as flawed as the next person. I am not perfect, and never tried to be. I am no better than the next person. I am just as afraid of the world and it's mystery as everyone esle.

But, why is it when I tell people of my dreams - yes, I want to be a story teller, and I want to write movie scripts and game scripts, and I want to world known - that they don't give me the look of disabelief?

Why don't my family look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them what I want to achieve?

Why do they look at me like I have what it takes to do all that I've dreamed?

And why does this feel worse than what it would have felt if they said that I was dreaming and reality would be around the corner?

Why do I wish that they put me down instead of agreeing me?

Well, it's because it is so much easier to prove someone wrong by doing nothing you planned then to fail at a dream that they believed you could achieve.

Nothing in life is promised. I am a good writer and a story teller, but it is so easy for things to go wrong, or my novels to never gain the steam that I need to achieve what I want. It is so easy to be passed over. It so easy to remain unknown.

Why must dreams be so hard?
Why must they be so scary?
Why must the years pass so quickly?
Why can't the world just stop for one single moment, so I can look at the world as it is, as it is right now. I'm twenty-five, and people will tell me that I have my whole life in front of me.

But, I'm twenty-five now, chasing a dream. It is so easy to still be chasing that dream when I fifty, and I won't get those understanding pats on the back that says I have my entire life in front of me.

Instead, I will get that shake of the head, and someone may say it may be time to give up.

The latter scenerio scares me more then if someone told me my last breath I will breathe is five minutes from now.

KaNeshia Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment